LAUNDER ME GREEN SUSTAINABILITY PACK
Unwrapped has created the ultimate sustainable laundry pack. Eco friendly products that will transform your laundry habits!
This GREEN pack will get your laundry clean without the toxic chemicals and reduce your environmental impact.
- That Red House Organic Soapberries 250g
- That Red House Clean Linen Scented Laundry Tonic 20ml
- Go Bamboo Biodegradable Clothes Pegs x20
That Red House Organic Soapberries
Laundry detergent does grow on trees!, fruit trees to be precise! That Red House Soapberries are an eco friendly, natural alternative for washing your clothes.
The soapberrries (also called soap nuts, although they are a fruit) are harvested from the Sapindus Mukorossi tree by local communities in the Himalayan mountains of Nepal. It is the shell of the fruit that is collected, dried and packed for use.
It is this shell that is high in natures soap - 'saponin" The saponin content reduces the surface tension of the water and removes dirt while leaving fabrics, soft and clean. You reuse the nuts until they turn dark and go all soggy, then put them in the compost.
- Certified Organic
- 180+ washloads and costs around 10c per wash load for a 1kg bag
- Biodegradable - Grey Water Safe and Septic Tan Safe
- Vegan and Raw
- Chemical Free
- 100% sustainable, by using these soapnuts you are ensuring that deforestation is reduced in the Himalayas
- Waste Free and Compostable
- Australian Owned and Run
- Not just for your clothes - Also a household cleaner, shampoo, body wash or hand wash
Place 5 berries in the cotton wash bag provided and double tie the top. If you like fragrance, add 4-5 drops of 100% Essential Oil and pop it in the wash.
By choosing to purchase this product you will be happy to know that you are supporting the 'Grow Nepal' initiative. Helping to create a future for the Nepalese people, and encouraging sustainable practices across the planet.
That Red House Laundry Tonic
That Red House sure knows how to do sustainable living well. Use this divine blend of essential oils with your soapberries to give your washing a crisp scent of squeaky clean.
- 100% Pure Essential Oils - Sweet Orange, Blue Gum Eucalyptus and Spike Lavender
- 100% natural
Simply add 4-5 drops to the cotton wash bag provided with your bag of soapberries.
Go Bamboo Biodegradable Bamboo Clothes Pegs
Go Bamboo create zero-waste products for everyday use. Made from natural bamboo their products and packaging are designed to be disposed of at home.
These pegs are made from sustainable bamboo with a recyclable stainless steel spring. Each pack contains 20 clothes pegs.
- Waste free product
- Made from Biodegradable + Sustainable Bamboo
- Recyclable Stainless Steel Spring
- Sturdy + Strong
- Wont stain light coloured clothing - Low tannin content
Why Bamboo is an effective alternative to plastic -
- absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere between 7-30% more effectively than an equivalent area of forest
- emits up to 30% more oxygen than equivalent areas of trees
- has the tensile strength of steel
- needs no pesticides, fertiliser and isn’t routinely irrigated
- is strong, biodegradable and beautiful
- is fast growing with some varieties growing up to a meter a day
- has a yield six times greater than regular trees
- needs half as much water as regular trees
- doesn’t need fertilisers or pesticides
- has no genetically modified variants