THAT RED HOUSE ORGANIC SOAPBERRIES 500g
or make 4 interest-free payments of $6.50 AUD fortnightly with More info
Laundry detergent does grow on trees!, fruit trees to be precise!
That Red House Soapberries are an eco friendly, natural alternative for washing your clothes.
The soapberrries (also called soap nuts, although they are a fruit) are harvested from the Sapindus Mukorossi tree by local communities in the Himalayan mountains of Nepal. It is the shell of the fruit that is collected, dried and packed for use.
It is this shell that is high in natures soap - 'saponin" The saponin content reduces the surface tension of the water and removes dirt while leaving fabrics, soft and clean. You reuse the nuts until they turn dark and go all soggy, then put them in your compost or garden.
- Certified Organic
- 180+ washloads and costs around 10c per wash load for a 1kg bag
- Biodegradable - Grey Water Safe and Septic Tan Safe
- Vegan and Raw
- Chemical Free
- 100% sustainable, by using these soapnuts you are ensuring that deforestation is reduced in the Himalayas
- Waste Free and Compostable
- Australian Owned and Run
- Not just for your clothes - Also a household cleaner, shampoo, body wash or hand wash
Place 5 berries in the cotton wash bag provided and double tie the top. If you like fragrance, add 4-5 drops of 100% Essential Oil and pop it in the wash.
By choosing to purchase this product you will be happy to know that you are supporting the 'Grow Nepal' initiative. Helping to create a future for the Nepalese people, and encouraging sustainable practices across the planet.